At DiCE Molecules, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Immunology Scientist (I/II) to make critical contributions to our growing immunology pipeline.
In our fast-paced startup environment, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and execute a variety of in vitro and in vivo assays in support of our small molecule efforts in a variety of immunology indications
- Collaborate with consultants and contractors to design and execute in vivo studies in order to determine the pharmacodynamic effects and efficacy of our candidate molecules
- Oversee contractor work and may directly execute in vivo studies in the future
- Make strong intellectual contributions to target identification and selection efforts for future projects and interact productively with a variety of colleagues from different disciplines.
Preferred Experience and Education:
The successful hire is an immunologist who:
- Either has a PHD with 0-4 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s Degree with 4-8 years of relevant experience, and a documented record of achievements in the form of publications and/or patents
- Skilled, detail-oriented experimentalist who can independently design, execute and analyze experiments, recognize and solve experimental problems, and reliably deliver high quality data
- Proficiency in primary cell isolation and culture, ELISA, Luminex, and FACS
- Track record of successful development and implementation of in vitro cell based assays with cell lines and primary cells.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with in vivo assay systems is strongly desired
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing/presenting
- Must be a quick thinker who can readily adjust to rapidly changing priorities and challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Current US work authorization required
- Ability to travel as needed