At DiCE Molecules, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We seek an exceptional full-time lab-based synthetic chemistry Research Associate / SeniorResearch Associate to join our medicinal chemistry team. This individual will be a key contributor to the synthesis of intermediates and final compounds within the goals of developing treatments for inflammatory diseases.
· Synthesize and characterize medicinal chemistry targets
· Prepare and present weekly chemistry updates and provide written procedures
· Maintain instrumentation in lab – LCMS, Combiflash, microwave reactor
· Manage compound registration and organization of chemistry samples for bioanalysis
· Manage compound inventory
Preferred Experience and Education:
· MS in chemistry or BS and 3+ years experience inorganic synthesis in academia or industry
· Knowledge of industry safety standards in chemistry labs
· 0-6 years industry experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Multi-step synthesis of small molecules and characterization using H NMR and LCMS
· Air-free reaction conditions
· Thorough scientific record keeping
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Team player; comfortable and effective in a collaborative research environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.