Scientist I, Analytical Development
At DiCE Molecules, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We are seeking a scientist to lead our analytical development efforts. She/he will support the development, qualification, and validation of analytical methodologies for small molecule drugs and oligonucleotides. Strong expertise with HPLC and MS methodologies is required. Experience with analytical characterization of small molecules is a must. The candidate will work with cross-functional project teams to provide bioanalytical support ranging from discovery to clinical development. She/he will also be responsible for maintaining bioanalytical equipment including HPLC-MS instruments.
· Provide strategic planning and execution of analytical approaches to enable DiCE projects
· Implement rigorous QC strategy and methods for compound characterization
· Assist in the development of quantitative and qualitative bioanalytical assays
· QC and review regulatory documents for IND’s, CTA’s etc.
· Development and implementation of additional analytical methods as necessary (e.g. log D)
· Ensure reliable performance of analytical instruments and coordinate service /repairs as necessary.
· BS (5+ years), MS (3+ years), or Ph.D.(0+) degree in chemistry. biology or other relevant fields
· Hands on experience operating, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC-MS instruments
· Strong oral and written communications skills, record-keeping and organizational skills are essential.
· Highly organized and keen attention to detail is a must.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.