At DiCE Molecules, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We seek an exceptional Scientist to join our medicinal chemistry team. This individual will be a key contributor to the design and synthesis of molecules to support ongoing research programs.
· Design and synthesis of small molecules to explore their biological activities as potential drug candidates
· Provide technical leadership in synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry
· Synthesize and characterize in-house chemistry targets
· Collaboration with multidisciplinary scientists from in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, DMPK, and structural biology
· Manage team of off-site chemists to ensure efficient synthesis of designed molecules
· Manage project compound registration, inventory and organization of chemistry samples for bioanalysis
Preferred Experience and Education:
· BS or MS in chemistry with 10+ years industry or PhD in chemistry with 2+ years of experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Multi-step synthesis of small molecules and characterization using H NMR and LCMS
· Thorough scientific record keeping
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Team player; comfortable and effective in a collaborative research environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.