At DiCE Molecules, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
At DiCE, we believe:
- Life-changing medicines come from a first-principles approach to science, technology, and organization-building.
- An authentic and informal culture honors the individual and enhances collaboration.
- Diversity and meritocracy enable us to efficiently find the best solutions to tough challenges.
We are currently seeking a Director/Senior Director, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) to lead the DMPK group in Drug Discovery at DiCE. The successful candidate will be expected to be a member of the Research Leadership Team, represent DMPK in project team settings and interface with other groups, notably Medicinal Chemistry and Development (Clinical, Regulatory and Safety Assessment) to address opportunities and challenges collaboratively. In particular, expertise in navigating DMPK regulatory requirements for early development is essential.
- Provide scientific DMPK leadership and strategic direction across all programs
- Ensure smooth operation of DMPK group, allocation of resources, management of budgets
- Select vendors and provide scientific oversight of PK/ADME studies placed at CROs
- Supervise and develop DMPK scientists
- Present and discuss DMPK data, conclusions, and strategic recommendations in a variety of settings (e.g. Project Teams, Senior Management Meetings, meetings with established or potential corporate partners)
- Collaborate closely with Drug Discovery and Development groups to enable efficient, high-quality decision-making
- Maintain thorough documentation, ensure rigorous review of all DMPK data and deliver reports in a timely manner
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve speed and/or quality of DMPK science at DiCE that can be accessed through acquisition of equipment, hiring, consultants, CROs and collaborators.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- PhD in a scientific discipline or BS/MS with appropriate work experience
- 12-18 years (PhD) or 18-24 years (BA/MS) of postgraduate experience in an industry research and/or development environment is preferred
- Successful leadership experience in a project team setting
- Experience managing and developing DMPK professionals, preferably at the Scientist level or above
- Documented track record of productivity, as measured by scientific presentations and publications, IND filings and other tangible contributions.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Should be familiar with ABI Analyst, Excel, WinNonlin Phoenix and Prism
- Prior success demonstrating strong leadership, collaboration and influence throughout the organization
- Strong bioanalytical method development skills (HPLC and LC/MS/MS)
- Must have solid knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience in qualitative and quantitative bioanalysis and in vitro assay development
- Strong verbal, written communication and relationship skills including success managing external vendors
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and have an in-depth understanding of industry trends
- Success operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Current US work authorization required
- Ability to travel domestically